Used Machinery Headquarters
The Machinery Dealers National Association (MDNA) is a non-profit trade association whose members buy and sell used
capital equipment. Established in 1941 to assure buyers of the integrity and reliability of used machinery dealers that
are members of the association, the association represents nearly 500 member companies around the world. You can search
for a particular member alphabetically, geographically, or by the specific types of machinery they sell. A complete listing
of MDNA members may also be found in the MDNA Buyer's Guide.
The foundation of MDNA is its Code of Ethics. As a condition of membership, MDNA members agree to abide, unequivocally,
by the terms of the Code, and renew this pledge annually. The Code is policed by the association's membership. Complaints
brought from alleged Code violations are handled by MDNA's Ethics & Mediation Committee. Severe violations have resulted in
expulsion from MDNA.
Why Buy from an MDNA Member?
- They are specialists
- They have the technical experience you can depend on
- They know the value of used machine tools
- They can finance, lease, mortgage or rent used equipment
- They abide by the association's Code of Ethics
Why Buy Used Equipment?
- The machine you want is ready for shipment
- Delivery time is short
- The equipment is reliable
- The cost can be 30 to 70 percent less than the price of a similar new machine
- The value of used machinery has been proven over time
MDNA's Code of Ethics
MDNA members proudly display their emblem. This emblem identifies dealers who concur with MDNA's high standards of
business practice. It is a symbol of integrity and reliability. It also recognizes dealers who have a wide range of
technical experience and data to help customers improve their productivity.
The Code of Ethics underwriting this emblem provides that each MDNA member will:
- Carry out the spirit and letter of all agreements and contracts in which he engages.
- Respond to inquiries, advertise, and offer machinery and equipment as accurately as he is able as per:
- Name of Manufacturer
- Serial Number
- Adherence to standard industry terms and definitions
- Honor every option given a prospective buyer.
- Advise prospective customers of conditions and circumstances of sale when offering customer-owned machinery and equipment
through a brokerage arrangement.
- Accept within 30 days from shipment any machinery and equipment sold with return privilege, freight prepaid, for refund of
the purchase price if proven mechanically unsatisfactory; or repair at dealer's option.